Starts with the letter 'V'
- Valiant Chess. Knight pawns at the fifth rank have an additional jump move to empty square (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Variable Chess. A light piece is first moved outside the board. From there it can be introduced at any time via an empty square (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Veles Chess. Introducing the deflecting Veles bifurcator on a Gustavian board (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Ven Chess. Moves are written down by both players before making the moves simultaneously. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Graham M. Smith.
- Venator Chess. Introducing the Venator, a bifurcation cannon related to the Korean cannon, on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Venomous. New system of chess on 10x10 board with new pieces: the Sorcerer Snake and the even more venomous Sissa. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Charles Daniel.
- Venomous. Play this new large board system of chess with the Sissa, Sorcerer Snake and Ninja pawns. By Charles Daniel.
- Venomous . The Sissa and Sorcerer Snake on a large board chess system with Ninja Pawn drops. By Charles Daniel.
- Verve. A real-time, hidden information, chess variant for playing online! By David Potter.
- Verve Chess: Attacking with VERVE: Chess for the digital age. An interview with the inventor of Verve Chess. and David Potter. Inventor: David Potter.
- veSQuj - Chess with 21st century armies . A highly tactical variant with a 21st-century-war theme. By Glenn Overby II.
- veSQuj - Chess with 21st century armies. A highly tactical variant with a 21st-century-war theme. (6x6, Cells: 36) By Glenn Overby II.
- Victorian Chess. Missing description (10x8, Cells: 80) Author: John Kipling Lewis. Inventor: John Kipling Lewis and David Paulowich.
- Victorian Chess. Play Victorian Chess on Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: David Paulowich and John Kipling Lewis.
- Viking Chess. Armies start side-by-side on a 12 x 7 board. (12x7, Cells: 84) Author: Tomas Forsman and Peter Aronson. Inventor: Tomas Forsman.
- Viking Chess . Armies start side-by-side on a 12 x 7 board. By Tomas Forsman.
- Vimes Chess. Variant inspired by a footnote in a Discworld novel. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Charles Gilman.
- Vintage Gamer Chess Variants Podcast. Audio recording discussing chess variants. Author: Jim Van Verth.
- Voidrider Chess. A 43 square variant with movable spaces. (7x9, Cells: 43) By Fergus Duniho.
- Voidrider Chess . A 43 square variant with movable spaces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Voidrider Chess. A 43 square variant with movable spaces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Voting on the contest to design a 10-chess variant. Voting rules and grouping of the games in four sets. Author: Fergus Duniho and Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Vox Populi Chess variant. A crowd plays itself at a game with only one winner. By Rich Hutnik.
Total items listed: 23