Starts with the letter 'U'
- U12 Shogi. A new kind of large shogi game. (12x12, Cells: 144) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Ulchesgi. Like Ultima and Chess and Shogi. (12x8, Cells: 96) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Ultimatum . Variant of Ultima that adds a FIDE-Queen and an Advancer in place of one Long-Leaper and one Chameleon. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Ultra Slanted Escalator Chess. Game on an asymmetrical board of 84 squares with Crabs and Ultras. (10x9, Cells: 84) By David Short.
- Ultra Slanted Escalator Chess . Game on an asymmetrical board of 84 squares with Crabs and Ultras. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Short.
- Unconventional Warfare Chess. Variant based on modern warfare. (10x10, Cells: 84) By Luiz Carlos Campos.
- Unconventional Warfare Chess . Variant based on modern warfare. Author: Dan Troyka. Inventor: Luiz Carlos Campos.
- Undecided Chess . Pieces begin in an undecided state until they move. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Undecided Chess. Undecided Pawns can change into pieces by moving like them. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Undecided Chess. Undecided Pawns change into orthodox pieces by moving like them. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Undenary Chess. Large variant with superpowerful King; a square version of Hexmate. (11x11, Cells: 121) By Michael A. Rouse.
- Unicorn Chess. Unicorn Chess with one queen, two cardinalriders and two marshalls. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: David Paulowich.
- Unicorn Great Chess. Lions have been added to Unicorn Chess! (10x10, Cells: 100) By David Paulowich.
- Unidirectional arrays on standard boards. Both players in the same direction, as Viking Chess, but on boards of correspondiyng face-to-face variants. By Charles Gilman.
- Univers Chess. A Carrera's Chess variant based on Bruno Violet's Universal Chess. (10x8, Cells: 80) By Fergus Duniho.
- Univers Chess. Play this Carrera's Chess variant with no unprotected Pawns on Game Courier. By Fergus Duniho.
- Univers Chess. Play Univers Chess with Jocly. Author: Fergus Duniho and The Jocly Team. Inventor: Fergus Duniho.
- Universal Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Carlos Cetina.
- Universal Chess. http://www.chessvariants.org/index/msdisplay.php?itemid=MSuniversalchess. By Carlos Cetina.
- Universal Handicap Chess . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Unknown Drop Shogi. It is unknown what kind of piece your opponent dropped. By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Using chess sets to play mini-sukoku (6x6). Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Karen Robinson.
- UTF Conversion Page. Page for documenting UTF conversion issues. By David Howe.
Total items listed: 23