Starts with the letter 'N'
- Nachtmahr. "Study game" with several different types of nightriders. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jörg Knappen.
- Nahbi Chess. Preset for Nahbi Chess. By Uri Bruck.
- Nana-Shogi. Shogi variant on a tiny board. By Georg Dunkel.
- Napoleonic Chess. Large chess variant with the `spirit of the Armies of the Napoleonic period'. Author: John Smith. Inventor: Tom Hartley.
- New Chancellor Chess Variants. On 8 by 10 board with two `chancellors'. (10x8, Cells: 80) By David Paulowich.
- No-Chess. Forbid one move to your opponent each turn. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Zoltan Blazsik and Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Zoltan Blazsik.
- Non-prise Chess. Queens, rooks, knights, and bishops cannot take each other. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Bruce Zimov.
|4 'Game' entries listed||3 'Play by mail item' entries listed|
|3 'Large board' entries listed||1 'Small board' entry listed|
|1 'Oriental' entry listed||1 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 7