Starts with the letter 'D'
- Dabbaba. Freeware program playing chess and a number of chess variants. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Jens Baek Nielsen. Inventor: Jens Baek Nielsen.
- Dark Chess variants. Possible other rules for Dark(ness) Chess. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Dennis Merritt and Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Dennis Merritt.
- DCP.WOZ Chess. Large variant with unorthodox pieces. (9x10, Cells: 90)
- Delegating Chess. 84 square variant in which pieces delegate moving powers. (7x12, Cells: 84) By João Pedro Neto.
- Delegating Chess . 84 square variant in which pieces delegate moving powers. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
- Demi Chess. Weak short range pieces with less symmetry than some more familliar pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Diffusion Chess. Creative attempt by Alexander Munoz to combine Chess and Go. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Alexandre Muñiz.
- Diplomatic Chess. The Diplomat replaces the King. (8x8, Cells: 64) and Derrick Fernandez.
- Double Chess. FIDE Chess x 2(with extra queen replacing what would be an extra king). Author: Fergus Duniho and Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: David Short.
- Double Diamond. Pieces start diagonally across from one another and pawns move diagonally. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
- Double EIGHTEEN-STONE chess. David Short combines his Double Chess with Jim Aikin's Eight-Stone Chess. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: David Short.
- Dragon Chess (tm). Commercial board game played on a large board with a new piece -- the Dragon. By Lex Parker.
- Dragoon Chess. An attempt to make Chess more strategic by making pieces more mobile. By NotCricket .
- Dynamic Bastardo. Cut-throat four-player variant with free setup. Author: Ed Friedlander.
Total items listed: 14