Starts with the letter 'L'
- Ladder Shogi. Shogi variant on 10 by 10 board where pieces climb the social ladder by multiple promotions. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Mason Green.
- Ladon Chess. Introducing the Ladon, a short-range piece that can repel any other piece, and also capture this way (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Ladorean Chess. Another 10 x 8 Fergus Duniho variant with marshall and cardinal. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Fergus Duniho.
- Ladorean Chess - Shaco Ladorean. Variation on Capablanca's Chess. (10x8, Cells: 80) Author: Bernhard U. Hermes. Inventor: Fergus Duniho.
- Laquear Chess. Introducing the Laquear, that captures like a bishop, but moves by the collision method (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Large Chess ZRF . ZRF for Capablanca's Chess plus variants: Bird's, Aberg's, Grotesque, Univers, Embassy, Janus, Archbishop, New Chancellor + more. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Large Nahbi Chess. Preset for Large Nahbi Chess. By Uri Bruck.
- Large Nahbi Chess. Missing description (10x12, Cells: 120) By Uri Bruck.
- Latrunculi XXI. A 21st century variant on an ancient Chess-like game of the Roman empire. (10x8, Cells: 80) By Jose Carrillo.
- LeaperChess. Variant of Capablanca Chess with two extra Knights per side replacing the Archbishop and Chancellor. By James Zuercher.
- Leapers Chess. Played upon a 10x10 field with all the pieces having leaping capability. By Larry L. Smith.
- Leapers Chess. Decimal variant with additional leaping abilities for each of the pieces. By Larry L. Smith.
- Leapers Creeepers. Decimal variant with many leaping pieces. By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Leapers Creeepers. Featuring compound long leapers of giraffes, zebras and camels. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Leto Chess. Introducing the Leto, a doubly telekinetic piece, very versatile (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Limited Ranged Guards Chess. A game with some limited queens/guards and tanks to shoot opponent. (10x10, Cells: 100) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Lions and Unicorns Chess. Play this large Chess variant with Lions and Unicorns. Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: David Paulowich.
- Lions and Unicorns Chess. With the 16 standard pieces and 4 powerful leapers. (10x8, Cells: 80) By David Paulowich.
- The Lonely Wolf . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Los Alamos Vierschach. Four player variant of small variant Los Alamos Chess. (10x10, Cells: 84) By Jörg Knappen.
- Lubny Chess. 100 cell chess variant invented in 1972.
Total items listed: 21