Starts with the letter 'L'
- Ladon Chess. Introducing the Ladon, a short-range piece that can repel any other piece, and also capture this way (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Laquear Chess. Introducing the Laquear, that captures like a bishop, but moves by the collision method (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Large Variants in the Historic North European Style. Missing description () By Charles Gilman.
- Lichen Chess. Pieces are modular, and each piece may contain fragments belonging to both players. By Alexandre Muñiz.
- Lifeform Chess. Instead of individual units, pieces are parts of the body of a giant animal. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- Lilliputian Monochromatic Alice Chess. All pieces are colorbound, and switch boards rather than switching color. (6x7x2, Cells: 84) By Peter Aronson.
- Litrof. Variant on 42 squares played with stacks of Icehouse pyramids, where different color pyramids give stacks different powers. (5x8, Cells: 42) By Glenn Overby II.
Total items listed: 7