Starts with the letter 'A'
- Aire. River variant on H-shaped board, some parts of camps further back than others. (8x12, Cells: 72) By Charles Gilman.
- Alseid Chess. Introducing the Alseid, which moves like a queen but cannot capture. Instead it can kidnap piece behind a screen (zrf exists). By M Winther.
- Amiral Chess. Introducing the Amiral piece and the bounce-capture method on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Antarctic Chess or Predators and Penguins. Penguins seek safety at the ice-pack's centre. Can the Predators stop them? (Cells: 295) By Graeme C Neatham.
- Antarctic Chess or Predators and Penguins . Missing description By Graeme C Neatham.
- Arabian Nights Chess. Paul Newton's game on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Paul E. Newton and Timothy R. Newton.
- Australian Football Chess. Game based on Australian Rules Football and Chess. By Robert Winkel.
Total items listed: 7