Starts with the letter 'A'
Bottom of page
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- A9 HexaChess Courier Preset. Missing description By Graeme C Neatham.
- Aberg's variation of Capablanca's Chess. Play this variation on the Play-by-Email system! Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Hans Aberg.
- Accelerated Chess. White makes one move at first and then each player makes either a capturing move or two non-capturing moves. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Tony Paletta.
- Accessory Chess (with Divaricator). Drop chess with external piece. The Divaricator can capture by withdrawing in an oblique angle (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Achernar. ACHERNAR is a mix of the game ALTAIR and Western Chess. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Active King Chess. Each turn, one must move one's king in addition to moving other pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Köksal Karakus.
- Actualized Potential Chess. Pieces exist where they are but also all along their routes or points of attack. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Adjutant Chess. Regular chess with extended castling, and extra corner squares. Makes new strategies possible (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Adjutant Chess (with Adjutants). The Adjutant, besides sliding on the diagnals, can slide on the orthogonals by ignoring the other colour (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Advanced wizard chess. Missing description By Daniil Frolov.
- Agincourt. Decimal variant with Archers. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Charles W. Stinson.
- AIGO Chess. Adds cannons to fianchetto positions of FIDE Chess. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Feng Jun.
- Air Attack Chess. Missing description By Stephen R. Stockman.
- Airplane Chess. R. W. Schmittberger's Airplane Chess on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Ajax Falcon Chess. Ajax Chess on a 10x8 board with two Ajax Falcon drops. By Jose Carrillo.
- Ajax Orthodox Chess. Orthodox Chess with Ajax-Chessmen, and droping Ajax-Ministers. By Jose Carrillo.
- Al-Ces. Variant on 10 by 10 board with 30 pieces per player. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Köksal Karakus.
- Alapo. A small chesslike game. Author: Ben M Reiniger. Inventor: Johannes Tranelis.
- Alekhine Chess. A 14 x 8 game expands the sides of Capablanca-esque board, adds two pairs of marshalls and cardinals and an amazon in the middle. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Michael Wortley Nolan.
- Alice Chess. Play this classic variant in which pieces switch between boards whenever they move. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Aliens Vs Predators. Missing description By Namik Zade.
- All pieces of classic chesses. Missing description By Daniil Frolov.
- Alpaca Chess. An Alpaca, worth two pawns, is added to the standard piece context (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Altair. Altair is a modern game with an oriental flavor. Author: Antoine Fourrière and Roberto Lavieri. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Amalgamated Chess. Missing description By James Gryphon.
- Amazon Chess. Well known old variant with amazons instead of Queens in FIDE Chess. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Amazon Grand Chess. A combination of Grand Chess and Amazon Chess. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Namik Zade.
- Amazons. Queens fire arrows to make squares unpassable. Last player that moves wins. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Walter Zamkauskas.
- Amoeba. Jim Aikin's Amoeba on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
- Ancient world war. Play this game on Game Courier. By Daniil Frolov.
- Andernach. The capturing piece changes colors. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Stefanos Pantazis.
- Andy's Chess. Missing description By andrewthepawn.
- Anemic Chess. Rule-Enforcing Preset for Jaguaribe's short-range variant. Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Claudio Martins Jaguaribe.
- Anti-King Chess. Each player has both a King and an Anti-King to protect. Play it! Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Peter Aronson.
- Anti-King Chess II. Win by putting your opponent's Anti-King out of check. Author: Fergus Duniho and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Peter Aronson.
- Apothecary Chess-Classic. Large Board variant obtained trough tinkering with known games. By Aurelian Florea.
- Apothecary Chess-Modern. Large Board variant obtained trough tinkering with known games. By Aurelian Florea.
- Arabian Nights Chess. Paul Newton's game on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Paul E. Newton and Timothy R. Newton.
- Arch Courier. Eric Greenwood's modernization of Courier and Courier Spiel Chess. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Arch-Chancellor Chess. Uses Archbishops instead of Bishops and Chancellors instead of Knights. Author: Dominique Leste and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Dominique Leste.
- Archabbott Chess. Introduces the Archabbott piece which moves like Bishop + Wazir + Dabbaba. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Archbishop Chess. Replace one of the marshalls from birds chess with a cardinal and you have Dominique Leste's Archbishop Chess. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Dominique Leste.
- Archchess. Late 17th chess variant from Italy on large board with pieces which include modern queen and squirrel. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Dr. Francesco Piacenza.
- Arrangement Chess. Swap king & queen before play begins. With mirrored kings and non-mirrored queens (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Assimilation Chess. Play this variant in which pieces assimilate the powers of captured pieces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Asteryx Chess. Preset for variant with asteryx shaped 43-space hexagonal board. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: David Jagger.
- Asylum Chess. Fire-through rooks, mad leaping (camel-move) bishops and double-capture insane ninja knights with lion-like powers. By Charles Daniel.
- Asylum Redux. Featuring dual path Zebra / Camel crooked sliders compounded with Bishop / Rook. By Charles Daniel.
- Atlantean Barroom Shatranj. The most ambitious in a series of new games Joe Joyce is introducing with powerful short range compound double jumpers. By Joe Joyce.
- Atlantean Coffee House Shatranj. Grand Shatranj on a Hex board. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Avalanche Chess. A popular chess variant, where you advance your opponents pawns. (Recognized!) Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- AVP Episode 2. Very creative and fun contemporaneous take on Maharaja Chess. By Namik Zade.
- Azchess. Adds cannons to Az Chess and reverses the positions of some of the pieces to maximize pawn protection. By Namik Zade.
- Azerbaijan Chess. http://zillions-of-games.com/cgi-bin/zilligames/submissions.cgi/73747?do=show;id=1659. By Namik Zade.
Top of page
Total items listed: 54