Starts with the letter 'M'
- Maharaja. See Amazon. Can move as queen or as knight. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Man. Moves to any adjacent square, like a King, but not royal. Author: Sergey Sirotkin and Fergus Duniho.
- Mao. Moves as knight but cannot jump. Author: Fergus Duniho and Ben Good.
- Mao-hopper. Moves as knight must must jump over occupied orthogonal square at first movement.
- Marshall. Fairy Chess name for Rook+Knight compound. Author: Fergus Duniho and David Howe.
- Moa. moves like knight but cannot jump first diagonal square.
- Murray Lion. Jumps two orthogonally or diagonally or captures on neighboring square. Author: John William Brown and Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: H.J.R. Murray.
- Mushroom. Jumping piece whose destination squares form a mushroom pattern. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
|8 'Piececlopedia entry' entries listed|
Total items listed: 8