Starts with the letter 'L'
- Lance. Moves one or more squares straight forward. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Leo. Moves on queen lines, but must jump once when taking. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: T. R. Dawson.
- Lion. Powerful piece from Shogi variant.
- Lion (2). Moves on queen-lines but must jump exactly one piece. Appears in fairy chess problems.
- Lion (Murray). Jumps two orthogonally or diagonally or captures on neighboring square. Author: John William Brown and Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: H.J.R. Murray.
- Locust. Jumps over opposing pieces on Queen lines to capture. Author: Peter Aronson.
- Long Leaper. Moves as queen, but takes by leaping. Author: Ben Good. Inventor: Robert Abbott.
|7 'Piececlopedia entry' entries listed||2 'Oriental' entries listed|
|2 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entries listed|
Total items listed: 7