Starts with the letter 'M'
- Macadamia Shogi. Pieces promote on capture to multi-capturing monsters. (13x13, Cells: 169) By H. G. Muller.
- Magic River. Xiang Qi pieces crossing the Magic River turn into their Western counterparts, and vice versa! (17x9, Cells: 77) By John Smith.
- Maka Dai Dai Shogi. Pieces promote on capture, some to multi-capturing monsters. (19x19, Cells: 361) Author: H. G. Muller.
- Maka-Dai-Dai Shogi. Historical ultra large Shogi variant. Author: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Maka-Dai-Dai Shogi pictures. Photos of a commercial Maka-dai-dai Shogi set. Author: John Lawson.
- Modern Makruk. A fusion of Modern Chess and Makruk. By John Smith.
- MoQi. MoQi, or Demon Game, is played upon a 10x10 field. By Larry L. Smith.
- Mortal Shogi. A Shogi variant in which pieces aren't all immortal. (9x9, Cells: 81) Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri and Fergus Duniho.
- Mortal Shogi. Play this Shogi variant in which pieces may die. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri and Fergus Duniho.
Total items listed: 9