- Bushi Shogi. Extremely small shogi variant played with cube pieces.
- Little Dragon Chess . Modern small variant of Xiangqi on board of 41 squares.
- Microshogi . Small shogi variant on a 4 by 5 board.
- Moon Chess . Played with a Xiangqi set, but with different rules.
- Sankaku Shogi . Small Shogi variant played on a board of 44 triangles with no drops and a teleporting Emperor.
- Tori Shogi. Bird Shogi.
- Vietnamese Chess . Each player has a King, which captures cannon-style, and 11 non-capturing Pawns on a 25-intersection Alquerque-style board.
- Whale Shogi. Small Shogi variant.
- Xiangqi 42 . A minature version of Xiangqi (Chinese Chess) on 42 square.
Total items listed: 9