- Booster Chess . Pawns push friendly pieces.
- Castle Chess . White must prevent black from castling.
- Centaur Chess . All pieces except Pawns move backwards as Knights.
- Cheapmate Chess . Mate your opponent with an illegal move.
- ChessVariants.zrf. 17 variants in 1 file.
- Commando Pawn Chess . Once a Pawn crosses the midpoint of the board, it moves like a Berolina Pawn.
- Displacement Chess 2 . Chess with minor modifications and no opening theory!
- Drawless Chess . Simple rules are added to make draws impossible.
- Duluth chess. 5 minor changes to Western Chess that can affect all stages of the game.
- Feebback Chess . Variant where pieces are "feeble backwards" -- backwards moves can not capture.
- Knightmate-Relay Chess . Played with a royal-knight and special movement rules for pieces a knight's move away.
- Legler's Chess . Modest 1926 variant using an Archbishop and a Chancellor.
- OK Chess . After the first move, Pawns can advance any distance.
- Palace Ninja Guards . Diagonal leaping pieces, and a new objective suppliment the original game.
- Pawn Pusher Chess . Pawns can not move by themselves on a player's side of the board, they must be pushed by other pieces.
- Perimeter Chess . Pieces other than Pawns and Kings move differently when moving to or from edge squares.
- Pierre Menard's Chess Variant. As described by Jorge Luis Borges.
- Rogue Pawn Chess . Pawns may double-move on any rank except for their starting rank.
- Rooksquare Chess . Win by moving piece to corner at opponent's side.
- Royal Amazon Chess . Queens are replaced by Royal Amazons.
- A Simple Proposal. Variant where promotion may occur on the 7th or 8th rank, and may be delayed, but only to captured pieces.
- Skirmish Chess . Pawns start on the 3rd and 6th ranks with no double-move, pieces on the 2nd and 7th ranks.
- Stationary King Chess . Kings can't move.
- Sudden Death Chess . A piece must be sacrificed after each non-capturing move.
- Swapmate Chess . Missing description
- Too Many Elephants. All pieces can move leap two squares on the diagonals like Elephants/Alfils in addition to their normal move.
- Trampoline Chess . Each player has a Trampoline that allows friendly pieces to make a second move.
- Zip Chess . After the first move, Pawns can advance any distance.
|28 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed|
Total items listed: 28