- 3-Dimensional Eight Level Chess . TRUE 3D Chess on an 8 x 8 x 8 board.
- 3D Shogi. Three dimensional version of Japanese Chess.
- 3D Xiang Qi. Three dimensional version of Chinese Chess.
- 3D8L Chess . TRUE 3D Chess on an 8 x 8 x 8 board.
- Alice Raumshach . Combining the Raumschach and Alice chess variants.
- Bellows Chess . The board expands and contracts from turn to turn.
- Boolean Rithmomachia . Missing description
- Borg Queen. Variant of Star Trek 3D Chess.
- The Central Squares . 3d chess variant where all three levels share their central squares.
- Chess Cubed. Played within a 4x4x4 cube.
- Cross3D Chess . 3D Chess game where pieces are arranged in a cross shape.
- Cube+ . Three dimensional chess variant with 38 squares.
- Double Alternate Chess. Game played on two boards with object to checkmate either King.
- DragonChess . A three-dimensional fantasy variant.
- Elevator. Three-dimensional chess variant with moving elevators and walking, vaulting and flying pieces.
- Emperor Raumschach. Variant of Dr. Fredinand Maack's Raumschach.
- Excelsior . At certain moments in the game, pieces are moved to an additional 5 by 4 area.
- First Contact. Variant of Star Trek 3D Chess.
- Flipworld . Pieces are on both sides of a disc.
- Flux 4x4x4 Chess . 3D variant where pieces, excepting the King, can only exist on the field for a specific number of turns at a time.
- Flying Chess . Some pieces can fly.
- Fractal Chess . Missing description
- Free-form 4x4x4 Chess . 3D variant based upon several ideas by V. R. Parton for Chess-play on smaller fields.
- G.U.E. 3D Chess. A 3D Chess game paying homage to those really great Zork adventures.
- Geodesic Chess. Played on a spherical grid of hexagons and pentagons.
- Hyperchess. A chess variant on a board representing 4-D space that closely parallels traditional Chess.
- Imperial Cheops. Played on a pyramid field of thirteen 3x3x3 cubes. Inspired by a description in Frank Herbert's novel Dune.
- Influence Chess . Pieces on the top or bottom layer influence which chess pieces may move on the middle layer.
- Klin Zha 3D . A three dimensional form of Klin Zha.
- Kobayashi Maru. Variant of Star Trek 3D Chess.
- Kobayashi Maru Variant of ST3D Chess . A variant set of rules for playing chess using the 3 dimensionsal set featured on the TV series Star Trek.
- Kogbetliantz Game. One of the earliest 3D Chess games for the 8x8x8 playing field.
- Lilliputian Monochromatic Alice Chess . All pieces are colorbound, and switch boards rather than switching color.
- Ludus Magus . Missing description
- Mapped Chess . Missing description
- Octa-Ashtapada. 8x8x8 variant with powerful armies and the potential for multiple royal pieces per side.
- Pent-Ashtapada. A hybrid of Maack's Raumschach and Kogbetliantz' 8x8x8 game.
- Planar 4x4x4 Chess . 3D variant played with pieces which are restricted to particular planes within the cubic field.
- Polyhedron Chess . Large 3-D variant inspired by Tetrahedral Chess.
- Prince . 3-D Chess variant using an 8x8x8 board and many new pieces.
- Raumschach . The classical variant of three-dimensional chess: 5 by 5 by 5.
- Ravioli Chess . Chess on two boards squeezed together at the edges.
- Shogi 3D. Three dimensional version of Japanese Chess.
- Tetrahedral Chess . 3d chess variant with board in form of tetrahedron.
- Tim's 3d Chess . On a 5x5x5 board with two kings per playe.
- Tim's 4x8x4 3D Chess . A practical and playable 3D chess game.
- Tim's 6x6x6 3d chess . 3d chess variant on 6 by 6 by 6 board.
- Total Chess . Missing description
- Trans-Dimensional Chess . Large 3-D game with a field of twenty 3x3x3 cubes arranged in three levels.
- Transporter Pad. Variant of Star Trek 3D Chess.
- Warp Factor. Variant of Star Trek 3D Chess.
- Xiangqi 3D. Three dimensional version of Chinese Chess.
Total items listed: 52