- Beginners Chess. Missing description
- Chess with Different Periods . A Turn-related variant of Los Alamos Chess. Players may play with many modest variants.
- ChessVariants.zrf. 17 variants in 1 file.
- Diagonal Chess . Board turned 45 degrees.
- Drawless Chess . Simple rules are added to make draws impossible.
- Dynamic Chess . Pieces move like closest piece left on the same rank.
- Fool's Chess. One pawn is replaced by a Fool.
- Insane . Pieces change to random type when they move.
- Interweave . Game with elements of Checkers and Ultima where all pieces are colorbound and only capture pieces on the other color.
- Iron Guard Chess. Instead of a queen, white has an Iron Guard who can move only to adjacent diagonal squares and cannot be captured.
- Kings or Lemmings?. Normal chess except that a player can produce clones of his king.
- LiQi . Very Strong Chss.
- Locusts . Simple chess variant with only two set of pieces on each army.
- Luotuoqi (Camel Chess) . Chess variant designed by committee.
- Mage. Rooks cannot be captured or capture, and the Queen is replaced by a Mage.
- Mecklenbeck . Pawns can promote on the sixth row.
- Mike's Camel Chess . Lùotuoqí (Camel Chess) variant with more balanced pieces.
- No Chess . Forbid one move to your opponent each turn.
- Pole Chess . F.I.D.E. chess with Pole piece added: from the SF/fantasy novel "Robot Adept".
- Schachdame . Variant between Checkers and Chess.
- Shamanic Chess . Pieces may be transformed into 'Shamans'.
- A Simple Proposal. Variant where promotion may occur on the 7th or 8th rank, and may be delayed, but only to captured pieces.
- Sudden Death Chess . A piece must be sacrificed after each non-capturing move.
- Ultima with Alternate Graphics . Game where each type of piece has a different capturing ability.
- veSQuj - Chess with 21st century armies . A highly tactical variant with a 21st-century-war theme.
Total items listed: 27