- Cannon. Moves like rook, but must jump when taking.
- Dragon Horse. Moves as Bishop or Wazir.
- Elephant (Xiangqi). Moves two squares diagonally (non-jumping).
- Gold General. Shogi piece that moves one square but not diagonally backwards.
- Honorable Horse. Moves forward as a Knight.
- Jeweled General. Shogi King. Royal piece moving one in arbitrary direction.
- Pao. Moves like rook, but must jump when taking.
- Pawn (Xiangqi). Moves and captures one square straight forward.
- Silver General. Shogi piece that moves one square diagonally, or forward.
|11 'Piececlopedia entry' entries listed||1 'Orthodox chess' entry listed|
|11 'Oriental' entries listed||1 'From ancient times' entry listed|
|4 'Xiangqi, or Xiangqi-based' entries listed||7 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entries listed|
Total items listed: 11