- Byzanatine Chess. Circular 16x4 Shatranj variant.
- Byzanatine Chess II. A different account of the old circular game.
- Cambodian Chess. Historic 9x9 game.
- Chaturanga. Oldest known form of chess.
- Chaturanga for Four. Ancient partnership game, sometimes said to be the.
- Citadel Chess. A variant of Shatranj, played on a ten by ten board with four extra citadels.
- Courier Chess. Early German version.
- The Duke of Rutland's Chess. 14x10 version.
- Grande Acedrex. Java applet that plays Grande Acedrex.
- Indian Chess. Some local variant rules from the colonial period.
- Indian/Turkish Grand Chess. An Indian/Turkish and very playable historic variant on a 10 by 10 board.
- Maharaja and Sepoys I. Lone king, moving as queen+knight, versus an army.
- Maharaja and Sepoys II. Lone king, moving as queen+knight, versus an army. The maharaja.
- Russian Fortress Chess. Missing description
- Shatranj. Persian chess, ancestral to the Western forms.
- Tamerlane Chess. Old Persian large-board game, widely-played in medieval times.
Total items listed: 16