Starts with the letter 'A'
- Action Man's Chess. A small (5x6) board and simple pieces ensures lots of easy-to-understand action. (5x6, Cells: 30)
- Afterlife Chess. A game based on Ancient Egyption mythology, played on four boards totaling 42 squares. (Cells: 42)
- Alapo. Game with abstract pieces. Reach opponents first row on 6 by 6 board. (6x6, Cells: 36)
- Alapo . Game with abstract pieces. Reach opponents first row on 6 by 6 board.
- Alapo. Simplified game.
- Alapo. A small chesslike game.
- Amoeba. Small variant with 38 movable squares. (7x7, Cells: 38)
- Amoeba. Jim Aikin's Amoeba on the Game Courier.
- Amphora. Chess variant inspired by game of Stone Warriors on wine bottle shaped board with 40 squares. (Cells: 40)
- Amphora . Chess variant inspired by game of Stone Warriors on wine bottle shaped board with 40 squares.
- An-Qi. Played on the squares of half a Xiangqi board but using all the pieces. (8x4, Cells: 32)
- Analysis of 3x3 Chess. A complete analysis of Chess on a three by three board with FIDE pieces.
- Apocalypse. Small variant of knights and pawns; objective is to take all pawns.
- Apocalypse Mini-Chess. Miniature version with four horsemen.
- Arena Chess 42. A non-competing entry in the 42 Squares contest. (Cells: 42)
- Arena Chess 42 . Game with two boards totaling 42-squares where pieces captured on the large board move to the small board.
- Arnhem Chess. Game on board of 38 squares. (6x7, Cells: 38)
- Aronson, Peter. Interview with the winner of the 44 squares contest.
- Asteryx Chess. Hexagonal chess played on an asterisk-shaped board. (Cells: 43)
- Asteryx Chess. Sample Game.
- Asteryx Chess. Preset for variant with asteryx shaped 43-space hexagonal board.
- Atom Smasher Chess. Missing description (3x6x3, Cells: 54)
Total items listed: 22