- Accounting Chess . Modern Business Chess: win by capturing or indicting the opposing CEO (King), or bilking all of your Stockholders (Pawns). By Dan Troyka.
- Amphibian Chess . Pieces capture by leaping when there's a square past the target, or by replacement when the target is on the edge. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Tony Paletta.
- Assimilation Chess . Increase your material by assimilating your opponent's pieces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Assimilation Fusion Chess . A hybrid of Assimilation Chess and Fusion Chess. Pieces combine and split apart. By Fergus Duniho.
- Benedict Chess . Instead of being captured, enemy pieces switch sides. By Dan Troyka.
- BomberChess . A pawn may be exploded, removing pieces on all 8 adjacent squares. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Adam Norberg.
- Booster Chess . Pawns push friendly pieces. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Tony Paletta.
- Brotherhood Chess . A piece cannot capture one of its own kind. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Gianluca Vecchi.
- Cannibal Chess . Pieces get the powers of a piece they take. Author: Marek14 .
- Cannon Chess . Played on a 9x9 Shogi board, feature various types of 'Cannon' pieces. Inventor: Peter Michaelsen.
- Chess without pawns . Variant where only kings can take and no pawns are used. Author: Mats Winther. Inventor: Vladislav Rapetsky.
- Chessgi . Captured units become yours to drop onto the board. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- ChessVariants.zrf. 17 variants in 1 file. By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Cleopatra Chess . No captures, but your Cleopatra (Queen) can seduce opposing pieces to your side. By Dan Troyka.
- Combining Knightmare Chess . When a single piece other than a Pawn or a King captures, it combines with that piece into a Knightmare either side may move. By Peter Aronson.
- Dead Square . When pieces take, the square becomes impassible and all surrounding pieces disappear. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Jason Shields.
- Desert Benedict Chess. A hybrid of Desert Chess by Uwe Wiedemann and Benedict Chess by W.D Troyka. By Rich Hutnik.
- Desertion Chess . When you move next to opposing pieces, they desert to your side; win by converting or capturing all opposing pieces. By Uwe Wiedemann.
- Double-Ended Chess. Captures are by withdrawal and approach. By Peter Aronson.
- The Fellowship of the Ring . White may win by carrying a 'ring' to the other side of the board. By Robert Price.
- Golem Chess . Variant where the Queen is replaced by the Golem, a piece that must be captured twice to remove it from play. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Peter Aronson and Ben Good.
- Halfgi . A hybrid of Chessgi and Ralph Betza's Half Chess. By Peter Aronson.
- Hostage Chess . Pieces taken are held hostage and can be exchanged against other pieces and then dropped. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: John Leslie.
- Hydra Chess . Captured pieces return. Regrown pieces will be of lesser value. By Karl Scherer.
- Interweave . Game with elements of Checkers and Ultima where all pieces are colorbound and only capture pieces on the other color. By Peter Aronson.
- Inverse Capture Chess . Pieces are captured the way they move. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Kamikaze Chess . Capturing pieces also are removed. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: B. G. Laws.
- Kamikaze Chess. Capturing pieces also are removed. Author: Doug Chatham. Inventor: B. G. Laws.
- Karma Chess . A piece that has captured an opponent's piece is turned into one of better quality. By Karl Scherer.
- King with a Shotgun . Twice each game, the King can make a non-moving Rook capture. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Adam Norberg.
- Maxima . This ZRF enforces the checkmate condition in Maxima. Author: Roberto Lavieri and Joost aan de Brugh. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Maxima . Maxima is an interesting and exiting variant of Ultima, with new elements that make Maxima more clear and dynamic. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Mortal Chessgi . A Chessgi game in which captures reduce material. By Fergus Duniho.
- Must Capture Chess. Capturing is mandatory. Author: Roger Cooper.
- Paul Schoolong's chess . Missing description By Yu Ren Dong.
- ProCycle Chess. Individual pieces promote one by level after each played move. By Ken Franklin.
- Push Chess . Pieces don't capture, but instead push each other off of the board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Fred Galvin.
- Rebel Chess . King's Pawn is replaced by Recruiter piece that moves like an Alfil and can change a piece's side. Author: Peter Aronson.
- Rifle Chess . Pieces are taken by shooting: capturing without moving. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: W. B. Seabrook.
- Robber Chess . Sliding pieces can make multiple captures, and the goal is to capture all opposing pieces. Author: Uwe Wiedemann.
- Ruddigore Chess . Chessgi variant where you can capture your own pieces, and every other turn you must capture or sacrifice a piece. By Peter Aronson.
- Sudden Death Chess . A piece must be sacrificed after each non-capturing move. By Doug Chatham.
- Switching Realms Chess . All noncapturing moves must change the board subset a piece occupies. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jörg Knappen.
- Tank Chess . With exploding bombs and pushing tanks. Author: Robert Price.
- This Game is for the Birds . Game where pieces fly past obstacles and some pieces capture by pecking. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Ralph Betza and Peter Aronson.
- Traded Places Chess. An enemy piece is moved to your attacking piece's beginning position during its capturing move. By Ken Franklin.
- Zelda Chess . Sword-wielding pieces capture adjacent pieces with or without moving. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Adam Norberg.
|50 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||7 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
Total items listed: 50