- Atlantis Chess . Instead of moving, a player may remove an square from the edges of the board. Author: Doug Chatham. Inventor: Gerben Dirksen.
- Cheshire Cat Chess . When a unit leaves a square, the square vanishes. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Chess in the Fast Lane . The 64-squares of a regular Chess board are grouped into 41 "regions" producing a small board that looks full size. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Francois Tremblay.
- Chess on the Rainbows. Players must retain a piece on all 6 colors of a 6-color board.
- ChessVariants.zrf. 17 variants in 1 file. By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Edge Chess . Pieces can stand on the edges of squares. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Mitch Martin.
- Grid Chess . Always move to a different 4 by 4 square part of the board. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Walter Stead.
- Guschess . Pieces can freely move in one of 38 areas on the board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Gustavo A. Vargas.
- Home Columns Chess. A piece cannot be captured when in its 'home' column. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Ted Clancy.
- Huntsman Chess . Missing description By Yu Ren Dong.
- Hydrant Chess . Special rules govern how pieces move between four quadrants of the board. Author: Marek14 .
- Kriegspiel Zillions v 2.0 file . Zillions file to play Kriegspiel against the computer. The human player's pieces are not hidden. By Andreas Kaufmann.
- PieceEater Chess . Yet another game with an indestructible randomly-wandering neutral piece. By Peter Aronson.
- Platform Chess . Pieces move normally or ride on 2x2 platforms that move themselves. By Robert Price.
- Pocket Mutation Chess . Take one of your pieces off the board, maybe change it, keep it in reserve, and drop it on the board later. By Michael Nelson.
- R-Chess . Captured pieces are held in reserve and then dropped. By Marcello Netto.
- Rainbows, Chess on the. Players must retain a piece on all 6 colors of a 6-color board.
- Relativistic Chess. Squares attacked by the opponent are considered not to exist. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Kevin Whyte.
- Rubble Chess . Pieces must clear out unoccupied squares before they can move through them. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Adam Norberg.
- Skandaran Chess. Download Skandaran Chess at Zillions Website. By Francisco Marzoa.
- Spacious Torus Chess . Chess on a toroidal board, using Ralph Betza's spacious pieces. By Jianying Ji.
- Squarcle Chess . Orthogonal pieces travel in square loops, diagonal pieces reflect. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Christan Hupp.
- Tiled Squares Chess . Drop tiles to create the board as you play. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Topologies Chess . Chess on a Cylindrical board, on a Toroidal Board, on a Mobius Strip and on a Klein Bottle. Author: Andrew Juell. Inventor: Alberto Monteiro.
- Trek71 Chess . All pieces on the lefthand-side are shown as black, but do not change owners, and vise-versa. By Ken Franklin.
|29 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||2 'Large board' entries listed|
|2 'Small board' entries listed||1 'Uses dice' entry listed|
|2 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed||1 'Hidden information' entry listed|
Total items listed: 29