- Anti-King Chess . Each player has both a King and an Anti-King to protect; Anti-Kings are in check when not attacked. By Peter Aronson.
- Chess without pawns . Variant where only kings can take and no pawns are used. Author: Mats Winther. Inventor: Vladislav Rapetsky.
- Chessling . Variant where the board starts empty and each player can move or drop a piece, and the goal is capture of all opposing pieces. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: How-Hie Ling.
- ChessVariants.zrf. 17 variants in 1 file. By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Magna Carta Chess. lack has the FIDE array, White has a Marshal and an Archbishop instead of a Queen and King. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Maxima . Maxima is an interesting and exiting variant of Ultima, with new elements that make Maxima more clear and dynamic. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Maxima . This ZRF enforces the checkmate condition in Maxima. Author: Roberto Lavieri and Joost aan de Brugh. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Neutral King Chess . V.R. Parton's game where two armies share a King both must try to mate. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Triumvirate Chess . Uses three Knights. The last remaining opposing Knight must be checkmated as the King. Author: Peter Aronson.
|13 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||2 'Each player has a different army' entries listed|
Total items listed: 13