- Accounting Chess . Modern Business Chess: win by capturing or indicting the opposing CEO (King), or bilking all of your Stockholders (Pawns). By Dan Troyka.
- Anti-King Chess . Each player has both a King and an Anti-King to protect; Anti-Kings are in check when not attacked. By Peter Aronson.
- Castle Chess . White must prevent black from castling. Author: Uwe Wiedemann.
- Cheapmate Chess . Mate your opponent with an illegal move. By Robert Price.
- Cheer Chess. All pieces are boosted by sideline Cheerers. By Ken Franklin.
- Chesica . Game from the 19th Century combining elements of Checkers and Chess. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Frederick S. Copley.
- Chess on the Rainbows. Players must retain a piece on all 6 colors of a 6-color board.
- Chess without pawns . Variant where only kings can take and no pawns are used. Author: Mats Winther. Inventor: Vladislav Rapetsky.
- Chessapawn . Game where all pieces move forward and a win is by promoting. By Robert Price.
- Chessling . Variant where the board starts empty and each player can move or drop a piece, and the goal is capture of all opposing pieces. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: How-Hie Ling.
- ChessNim. Drop chess pieces and reduce the number of unattacked squares on the board. Author: Doug Chatham. Inventor: Alfred Pfeiffer.
- ChessVariants.zrf. 17 variants in 1 file. By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Cleopatra Chess . No captures, but your Cleopatra (Queen) can seduce opposing pieces to your side. By Dan Troyka.
- Coregal Chess . Both kings and queens are royal. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Deep Blue versus Kasparov. White and Black each have their own way of winning.
- Desertion Chess . When you move next to opposing pieces, they desert to your side; win by converting or capturing all opposing pieces. By Uwe Wiedemann.
- Dutch Chess . Different objective and piece movements with orthodox chess set. Author: Uwe Wiedemann.
- The Fellowship of the Ring . White may win by carrying a 'ring' to the other side of the board. By Robert Price.
- Forward Chess . Download these files to play Forward Chess with Zillions of Games! By Michael Nelson.
- Fussball Chess . Win by moving a piece to the starting square of the king of the opponent. Author: Uwe Wiedemann.
- Illusionary Piece Chess . A piece and a Pawn on each side are more powerful, but can not offer check or prevent bare King. By Peter Aronson.
- Khmer Chess:Kar Ouk . First check the opponent's Khun (King) , you win the game. By Yu Ren Dong.
- Kinglet . Win by taking all the pawns of the opponent. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Magna Carta Chess. lack has the FIDE array, White has a Marshal and an Archbishop instead of a Queen and King. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Maxima . Maxima is an interesting and exiting variant of Ultima, with new elements that make Maxima more clear and dynamic. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Maxima . This ZRF enforces the checkmate condition in Maxima. Author: Roberto Lavieri and Joost aan de Brugh. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Mesmer Chess . ach player has a Mesmerist piece that can move opposing pieces it attacks. By Dan Troyka.
- Neutral King Chess . V.R. Parton's game where two armies share a King both must try to mate. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Pawn-Only Chess . Training chess variant. Only pawns, first promotion wins. Author: Marek14 .
- Pawn-Only Chess . Training chess variant. Only pawns, first promotion wins. Author: Uwe Wiedemann.
- Rainbows, Chess on the. Players must retain a piece on all 6 colors of a 6-color board.
- River Chess . Get one of your pieces to the other side of the board. By Karl Scherer.
- Robber Chess . Sliding pieces can make multiple captures, and the goal is to capture all opposing pieces. Author: Uwe Wiedemann.
- Rooksquare Chess . Win by moving piece to corner at opponent's side. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Jens Baek Nielsen.
- Sacred King Chess . It is not legal to check your opponent's King, so victory is by stalemate or bare King. By Peter Aronson.
- Squadron Chess. Uses only one type of piece besides the King. By Ken Franklin.
- Stability Chess. Designed to minimize the first-move advantage by white, maximize fairness, and simplify the rules of chess. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Various.
- The Travelers . Missing description Author: Roberto Lavieri and Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Three Check Chess . If you deliver check for the third time, you win. Author: Andreas Kaufmann.
- Train Wreck Chess . Move your piece, then one of your opponent's, but only forward. By Peter Aronson.
- Triumvirate Chess . Uses three Knights. The last remaining opposing Knight must be checkmated as the King. Author: Peter Aronson.
- Unreal Tournament Chess . Chess variants with a different objective, inspired by the multiplayer computer game Unreal Tournament. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
|45 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||1 'From ancient times' entry listed|
|1 'In a category all its own' entry listed||2 'Each player has a different army' entries listed|
|3 'Chess combined with some other game or sport' entries listed|
Total items listed: 45