- Annan Shogi . Shogi variant where pieces move like a friendly piece directly behind it (and similar variants). Author: Young-Hyun Joo.
- Bushi Shogi. Extremely small shogi variant played with cube pieces. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Georg Dunkel.
- Cannon Shogi . Played on a 9x9 Shogi board, feature various types of 'Cannon' pieces. Inventor: Peter Michaelsen.
- Chu Shogi . Shogi variant on 12 by 12 board.
- Dai Dai Shogi. Extremely large Shogi variant invented in the 17th century. Author: Douglas Silfen and Eduard Werner.
- Grand Shogi. Normal Shogi, but with extra pieces. By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Great Whale Shogi. Large board based on Whale and Wa Shogi. Author: Douglas Silfen. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Shogi . Westernized version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe and Fergus Duniho.
- Shogi, Mortal Shogi, and Kamikaze Mortal Shogi . Optimized ZRFs for Japanese Chess and some recent variants. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Three Player Hex Shogi 91 . A hexagonal Shogi Variant for three players. By Fergus Duniho.
- Tori Shogi. Bird Shogi. Author: Eduard Werner. Inventor: Ohashi Soei.
- Wa Shogi. Large Shogi variant from the 17th century or earlier. Author: Douglas Silfen.
- Whale Shogi. Small Shogi variant. Author: Douglas Silfen and Karl Scherer. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
Total items listed: 17