Query Results for
SELECT * FROM `Item` LEFT JOIN `IndexEntry` USING (ItemID) WHERE `Type` = 'Zillions' AND FIND_IN_SET(:'2d',`Categories`) AND FIND_IN_SET(:'Other',`Categories`) AND `IsHidden` = 0 AND `Item`.`IsDeleted` = 0 AND `Language` = 'English' ORDER BY `LinkText`, `Item`.`Summary` ASC LIMIT 500 OFFSET 0
- ABC Chess. A variant with 8 armies of pieces generated by combining 1, 2 or 3 simpler pieces. By Jeff `Cavebear` Stroud.
- Abstract Chess . Pieces are really by stacks of stones of different heights, with their move depending on the number of stones. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
- Alice Chess . Classic Variant where pieces switch between two boards whenever they move. Author: Pierre Tourigny. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Alice Chess . New Alice Chess ZRF plays Alice Chess on two boards. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Altair. Altair is a modern game with an oriental flavor. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Assimilation Chess . Increase your material by assimilating your opponent's pieces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Assimilation Fusion Chess . A hybrid of Assimilation Chess and Fusion Chess. Pieces combine and split apart. By Fergus Duniho.
- Barion. A variant of the chess variant Bario. By M Winther.
- Bedlam . A hybrid of Metamorphin' Fusion Chess and Chessgi. By Fergus Duniho.
- Border Wars . Game played on the 42 edges of a grid, with elements of Shogi and XiangQi. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jared B. McComb.
- Border Wars II . Game played on line edges with Shogi-like aspects. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jared B. McComb.
- Canopus . Most pieces movements are range-limited. The game play is violent and tense, but fluid. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Captain Spalding Chess . Find an Elephant in your Pajamas. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Chakra . Variant with fairy pieces and transmitters that can transport pieces. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
- Cheer Chess. All pieces are boosted by sideline Cheerers. By Ken Franklin.
- Chess on a Longer Board with a few Pieces Added . On a 10 row by 8 column board, with three new pieces. By David Howe.
- Chess with Cyclical Armies . Whenever a piece moves, it changes to another type of piece of vaguely similar value. By Peter Aronson.
- Chessgi . Captured units become yours to drop onto the board. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Clockwork Orange Chess . Captured pieces are replaced with non-capturing counterparts. By Fergus Duniho.
- Crazyhouse . A two-player version of Bughouse. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho.
- CrazyWar. CrazyWar is normal Crazyhouse with extra pieces. By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Cuarenta . Played only of the light-colored squares of a 9 by 9 board. By Mark Thompson.
- Demotion Chessgi . Chessgi variant limited to 32 turns by demotions and the removal of Pawns. By Fergus Duniho.
- Deneb . Special pieces and winning conditions. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Dino-Czars . Battle between rival dinosaurs on a board of 42 triangles, where facing counts. By Clark Rodeffer.
- Elephant Hunt . Ituri Forest Pygmi traditional game with chess-like elements. By Freederick .
- Emperor of China. A Chess and Halma mixed game. By Vincent Everaert.
- ERB Jetan . Implements different possible rules for Jetan. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- Fanorona Chess . Variant played on a Fanorona board with capture by approach and by withdrawal. By Peter Aronson.
- Fidchell. Gary Gygax's Fidchell. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Gary Gygax.
- FlipChess. Chess variant in which pieces keep changing state. By M. El M. Messaoudi.
- Flying Armies . Missing description By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Fugue . Based on Ultima and Rococo this game has pieces that capture in unusual ways. By Michael Nelson.
- Fun-In-A-Box Chess . Featuring Thing One and Thing Two from The Cat in the Hat. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Howe.
- Fusion Chess . Variant in which pieces may merge together or split apart. By Fergus Duniho.
- Fusion Chessgi . A hybrid of Fusion Chess and Chessgi. By Fergus Duniho.
- Fusion Diamond 41 . A Fusion Chess variant played on a diamond shaped board of 41 squares. By Fergus Duniho.
- Gadsden's Toroidal Chess . Edges of the board are considered to be adjacent. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Richard Gadsden.
- Hanga Roa . Play Hanga Roa with Zillions of Games! Author: Young-Hyun Joo. Inventor: Juan Pablo Schweitzer Kirsinger and Hernán Marcelo Domínguez Placencia.
- Hopgi . Small-board variant of Chessgi with an L-shaped board, linked pairs of Kings, where all pieces can move like a Mao-hoppers. By Peter Aronson.
- Hordes of Change . A chess variant inspired by Andernach Chess. By Joost aan de Brugh.
- Interweave . Game with elements of Checkers and Ultima where all pieces are colorbound and only capture pieces on the other color. By Peter Aronson.
- Jai-Alai . A sports theme variant with three new pieces: the Superball, the Ball and the Diagball. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Jetan . Martian Chess, coming from the book The Chessmen of Mars. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- Jetan, ERB . Implements different possible rules for Jetan. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- Joust . Two knights. Squares cannot be revisited. Author: Gerry Quinn.
- King's Run . An entry for the 32-turn contest that is based on Logan's Run. By Fergus Duniho.
- Kings or Lemmings?. Normal chess except that a player can produce clones of his king.
- Knight-Tac-Toe . Win by placing 3 pieces in a row. By David Howe.
- Knightliest Black Hole . Knighted pieces on a constantly diminishing board. By João Pedro Neto.
- Lilliputian Monochromatic Alice Chess . All pieces are colorbound, and switch boards rather than switching color. By Peter Aronson.
- Mad Elephant Chess . Pawns can be turned into Elephants; Elephants can promote to Mad Elephants, and Mad Elephants can trample lines of pieces. By Peter Aronson.
- Maelstrom . All 64 squares of 8 by 8 board are initially filled with pieces. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Michael Asher.
- Makarenko's Chess . Pieces can split and combine in many ways. Four variants included. Author: Marek14 .
- Mamra Chess . Adds the Mamra, a piece that only Pawns may capture. By George Tsavdaris.
- Mapped Chess . Missing description By Stephane Burkhart.
- Medusa Shogi. Missing description Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Metamorph Chess . Variant in which pieces transform by fixed rules into other pieces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Metamorphin Assimilation Chess . A hybrid of Metamorph Chess and Assimilation Chess. By Fergus Duniho.
- Metamorphin Fusion Chess . A hybrid of Metamorph Chess and Fusion Chess. By Fergus Duniho.
- Mortal Chessgi . A Chessgi game in which captures reduce material. By Fergus Duniho.
- Mulligan Stew Chess . 42-Square Swapping-Mage Teleporting-Assassin Dual-Color-Bound-King Limited-Double-Move Leaping-Pawn Chess. By Peter Aronson.
- Neighbors . Try to capture the most pieces on a 42-square board completely filled with neutral pieces. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Rob Nierse.
- Ninny chess . Produced and sold in the early 70's by Parker Brothers. Arrows on squares determine direction pieces can move. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Omega Chess Extended . Missing description By Mykola Dolgalov.
- Penta War . Huge game with five clans. By Joost Aan de Brugh.
- Perfect Chess . On 8 by 8 board with combination pieces. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Köksal Karakus.
- Pocket Polypiece Chess 43 . Game with off-board pocket where all pieces of a type change when one piece of a type is moved normally. By Antoine Fourrière.
- Politically Correct Chess. Missing description By Larry L. Smith.
- Promotions & Demotions . Every turn, the piece that has moved promotes or demotes to another piece. By João Pedro Neto.
- Rhino Chess . Collection of variants designed to demonstrate the Rhino family of pieces. By Peter Aronson.
- Rococo . A clear, aggressive Ultima variant on a 10x10 ring board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Peter Aronson and David Howe.
- Ruddigore Chess . Chessgi variant where you can capture your own pieces, and every other turn you must capture or sacrifice a piece. By Peter Aronson.
- Shatra . Old game from the Altai from Russia, on special shaped board with draughts-like capture. Author: Francis Monkman.
- Shatranj Elephants. Shatranj-like game, but with all short-range, limited-capturing pieces. By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside). Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Smegi . Arrows on squares show where pieces can go - crossover between Smess and Shogi. By Fergus Duniho.
- Smess . Produced and sold in the early 70's by Parker Brothers. Arrows on squares determine direction pieces can move. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Spherical Guard Chess . Play with either the single-board or dual-board sphere projection . By Graeme C Neatham.
- Thinktank Chess . Frank Maus' game where most pieces move differently when capturing from how they move without capturing. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Frank Maus.
- Three Fat Brothers Chess . On a 9x9 board with 3 royal pieces. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Sergey Sirotkin.
- Thunder Chess . A hybrid of Metamorph Chess, Fusion Chess, and Assimilation Chess. By Fergus Duniho.
- Tournoy . Pieces have orientation that can be rotated. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Trophy Hunt Chess. Capture at least one of each trophy animal to win. Author: Douglas Silfen and Karl Scherer.
- Tutti Frutti Chess . With bishop-knight, knight-rook, queen-knight and the usual pieces on an 8 by 8 board. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Ultima . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Robert Abbott.
- Ultima with Alternate Graphics . Game where each type of piece has a different capturing ability. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Robert Abbott.
- Vietnamese Chess . Each player has a King, which captures cannon-style, and 11 non-capturing Pawns on a 25-intersection Alquerque-style board. Author: Marek14 .
- War of the Worlds . Chess army from planet Earth against the Martian forces of Jetan. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Weave and Dungeon . Abstract game played on a board divided into Weave and Dungeon, with movement following different rules on each part. By Dan Troyka.
- Wormhole Chess . When a piece leaves a square, it `folds' together. By Fergus Duniho.