- Abagoren Chess. Old Bulgarian Chess variant for Zillions of Games. By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Abagoren Macedonian Chess . Missing description By Malcolm Webb.
- Citadel Shatranj . A variant of Shatranj, played on a ten by ten board with four extra citadel. Author: Marek14 .
- Courier Chess . A large historic variant from Medieval Europe. Author: Francis Monkman.
- Courier-Spiel . This is a more modern variant of Courier Chess in 19th. By Yu Ren Dong.
- Courrier Chess . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Dai Dai Shogi. Extremely large Shogi variant invented in the 17th century. Author: Douglas Silfen and Eduard Werner.
- The Duke of Rutland's Chess . Large variant from 18th century England. Author: Robert Price.
- Gala . Historical German variant from the Middle Ages. Author: Michael Asher.
- Grande Acedrex . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Grande Acedrex . A large variant from 13th century Europe. Author: Marek14 .
- Tamerlan Chess . Westernized version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Tamerlane Chess . A well-known historic large variant of Shatranj. Author: David Howe.
|14 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||14 'Large board' entries listed|
|3 'Oriental' entries listed||14 'From ancient times' entries listed|
|2 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entries listed|
Total items listed: 14