- Amazons. Queens fire arrows to make squares unpassable. Last player that moves wins. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Walter Zamkauskas.
- Anti-King Chess. Each player has both a King and an Anti-King to protect. Play it! Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Peter Aronson.
- Anti-King Chess II. Win by putting your opponent's Anti-King out of check. Author: Fergus Duniho and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Peter Aronson.
- Deathmatch Chess. A longer Chess game. By LuigiMaster285 .
- Dice Mate Chess. No capture; checkmate only happens if roll of the dice is favorable. By George William Duke.
- Henry VIII Chess Preset. This is the preset for Henry VIII Chess (unique take on Extinction Chess). Author: Rich Hutnik.
- Hindustani Chess. 19th century Indian game. Author: Tony Quintanilla and John Ayer. Inventor: _unknown.
- Losing Chess. Taking is obligatory; the first player that loses all his pieces wins. Author: Antoine Fourrière.
- Mesmer Chess. Introduces a new piece, the mesmerist, which can control how opposing pieces move. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Dan Troyka.
- Mystery Chess. An imperfect information variant you can play online with Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Ross Gillies.
- Neutral King Chess. V.R. Parton's game where two armies share a King both must try to mate. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Paloma Chess. Game with Royal Queen, promotable Kings, and an unusual array. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Becca Rabong.
- Sanctuary Chess. Archbishop and Swiss Guard replace Queen and King; no checkmate. Author: Tony Quintanilla
- Shatranj Darwinian. A game that shows the evolution of today's classic pieces. Wazirs and Ferz evolve into modern pieces. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Throne Chess. Same game as chess, except playing K to K8 wins by Thronemate, too. By Kevin Pacey.
- Toccata. A hexagonal variant inspired of Maxima. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Towers Chess. Play Towers Chess on Game Courier. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Alex Wood.
- Triumvirate Chess. Uses three Knights. The last remaining opposing Knight must be checkmated as the King. and Tony Quintanilla.
Total items listed: 23