Query Results for
SELECT * FROM `Item` LEFT JOIN `IndexEntry` USING (ItemID) WHERE `Type` = 'PBM' AND FIND_IN_SET(:'2d',`Categories`) AND FIND_IN_SET(:'Usual-Capturing',`Categories`) AND `IsHidden` = 0 AND `Item`.`IsDeleted` = 0 AND `Language` = 'English' ORDER BY `LinkText`, `Item`.`Summary` ASC LIMIT 500 OFFSET 0
- 123456 Chess. Missing description Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: (zzo38) A. Black.
- Andernach. The capturing piece changes colors. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Stefanos Pantazis.
- Brotherhood Chess. A piece cannot capture one of its own kind. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Gianluca Vecchi.
- Cannonrider Chess. The Cannonrider moves differently depending on square colour: on white squares as a Nightrider; else as a Chinese Cannon. By M Winther.
- Chessgi. Play this hybrid of Chess and Shogi. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Crazyhouse. Play this two-player version of Bughouse. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Dice Mate Chess. No capture; checkmate only happens if roll of the dice is favorable. By George William Duke.
- Fugue. Based on Ultima and Rococo this game has pieces that capture in unusual ways. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Michael Nelson.
- Gunnery Chess. Cannon pawns can leap over friendly piece and explode an enemy piece on the same file. By M Winther.
- Gunnery Chess (with Scorpions). The Scorpion pawns have the additional capability of cannon-like moves. Very advanced. Only recommendable to grandmasters! By M Winther.
- Hopper-Elk Chess. Pieces can hop over an enemy pawn and land directly behind it. The Elk moves differently depending on square colour. By M Winther.
- Hostage Chess. Play this Chessgi-like game in which no pieces change sides. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: John Leslie.
- Imposter Chess. Play this game! Exchange captured pieces in order to move Kings in different ways. Author: Tony Quintanilla and Laila W. Stefan. Inventor: Laila W. Stefan.
- King's Guard Chess. Missing description By Graeme C Neatham.
- Little Trio. Missing description Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Jared B. McComb.
- Mortal Chessgi. Play this Chessgi variant in which each capture decreases material. By Fergus Duniho.
- Multiple of 10 Checkmate. Variant where you can only checkmate or be checkmated on move 10, 20, 30, ect.. By Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
- Nuclear Chess. Play Nuclear Chess on the Play-By-Mail System! Author: Jason Shields and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Jason Shields.
- Nuclear Chess Play-By-Mail game. Examine this game! Author: Jason Shields and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Jason Shields.
- Replacement Chess. Replace your opponent's men on the board after you capture them. Author: Kevin Pacey.
- Revised Chess. A revision of Fide-chess: a pawn on the seventh rank can also capture forwards. Makes chess much less drawish (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Rifle Chess. Take a move to capture an enemy piece without moving the capturing piece. Author: Kevin Pacey. Inventor: W. B. Seabrook.
- Royal CannonChess. Pieces next to the king can capture forwards by a cannon leap. By M Winther.
- Ruddigore Chess. Play this Chessgi variant where you can capture your own pieces, and every other turn you must capture or sacrifice a piece! Author: Tony Quintanilla and Peter Aronson. Inventor: Peter Aronson.
- Suffocation Chess. FIDE setup with new capture. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Tarun Moni.
- Toccata. A hexagonal variant inspired of Maxima. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Ultima. Game where each type of piece has a different capturing ability. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Robert Abbott.