- Chu Shogi Western . Missing description Author: Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Citadel Shatranj . A variant of Shatranj, played on a ten by ten board with four extra citadel. Author: Marek14 .
- Courier Chess . A large historic variant from Medieval Europe. Author: Francis Monkman.
- Courier-Spiel . This is a more modern variant of Courier Chess in 19th. By Yu Ren Dong.
- Courrier Chess . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Dai Dai Shogi. Extremely large Shogi variant invented in the 17th century. Author: Douglas Silfen and Eduard Werner.
- The Duke of Rutland's Chess . Large variant from 18th century England. Author: Robert Price.
- Gala . Historical German variant from the Middle Ages. Author: Michael Asher.
- Grande Acedrex . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Grande Acedrex . A large variant from 13th century Europe. Author: Marek14 .
- Shatranj Plus . Play four large historical variations of Shatranj including Tamerlane Chess! Author: Malcolm Maynard.
- Tamerlan Chess . Westernized version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Tamerlane Chess . A well-known historic large variant of Shatranj. Author: David Howe.
|16 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||16 'Large board' entries listed|
|5 'Oriental' entries listed||16 'From ancient times' entries listed|
|3 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entries listed|
Total items listed: 16