- Knightmate-Relay Chess . Played with a royal-knight and special movement rules for pieces a knight's move away. By Peter Aronson.
- Legler's Chess . Modest 1926 variant using an Archbishop and a Chancellor. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Hugo Legler.
- Palace Ninja Guards . A pair of short-range diagonal leapers and four extra squares are added to the standard chessboard and pieces. By Charles Daniel.
- Pierre Menard's Chess Variant. As described by Jorge Luis Borges. By Jeff Rients.
- Skirmish Chess . Pawns start on the 3rd and 6th ranks with no double-move, pieces on the 2nd and 7th ranks. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Tony Paletta.
|7 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed|
Total items listed: 7