- Arimaa. Board game playable with standard chess set, hard for computers. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Omar Syed and Aamir Syed.
- Cursed Chess. Squares where a piece is taken become forbidden for the capturing player. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Jeremy Dunn.
- Doppelganger Chess. Pieces and their doppelgangers are connected for capture and promotion! (8x8, Cells: 64) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Hobgoblin Chess. Inchworm crowd-forming magnetic mutating lunar-hallway exploding-Pawn Chess; an extreme game. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Jack Masters. Inventor: Simon Vertigo.
- House of Mirrors Chess. Mirrors and reflective pieces add interesting twists to strategy by making pieces appear in 2 or 3 places at the same time. (8x8, Cells: 87) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Recapturable Chess. Captured pieces belong to other player and then removed permanently. (8x8, Cells: 64) By (zzo38) A. Black.
|11 'Game' entries listed||1 'Sold commercially' entry listed|
Total items listed: 11