- Hex Shogi 81. A hexagonal Shogi variant on an 81-space board. By Fergus Duniho.
- Hex Shogi 91. A hexagonal Shogi variant on a 91-space board. By Fergus Duniho.
- Kamikaze Mortal Shogi. Send your Kamikazes on suicide missions in this Shogi variant. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Fergus Duniho and Roberto Lavieri.
- Mitsugumi Shogi. Smaller version of Suzumu Shogi on a 13x13 board. By Adam DeWitt.
- Mortal Shogi. Play this Shogi variant in which pieces may die. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri and Fergus Duniho.
- Nutty Shogi. Smaller version of Tenjiku Shogi on a 13x13 board. Author: Adam DeWitt. Inventor: H. G. Muller.
- Shogi-of-Chesstonia. 9 x 12 Shogi Variant that includes a Queen and some Modern Shatranj Pieces. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Shosu Shogi. 10x10 Shogi variant with Queens and more powerful promoted pieces. By Adam DeWitt.
- Suzumu Shogi. 16x16 Shogi variant based on Tenjiku Shogi. By Adam DeWitt.
|12 'Play by mail item' entries listed||12 'Large board' entries listed|
|7 'Oriental' entries listed||2 'From ancient times' entries listed|
|2 'Board with hexagonal shaped cells' entries listed||12 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entries listed|
Total items listed: 12