Query Results for
SELECT * FROM `IndexEntry` LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE `Type` = 'PBM' AND FIND_IN_SET(:'Usual-Setups',`Categories`) AND `IsHidden` = 0 AND `Item`.`IsDeleted` = 0 AND `Language` = 'English' ORDER BY `LinkText` ASC LIMIT 500 OFFSET 0
- 10-directional Chess. Updated with rule-enforcing presets. By Nick Wolff.
- 123456 Chess. Missing description Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: (zzo38) A. Black.
- 21st Century Chess. Missing description Author: Nick Wolff.
- Agincourt. Decimal variant with Archers. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Charles W. Stinson.
- Amalgamated Chess. Missing description By James Gryphon.
- Andy's Chess. Missing description By andrewthepawn.
- Anti-King Chess. Each player has both a King and an Anti-King to protect. Play it! Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Peter Aronson.
- Arch-Chancellor Chess. Uses Archbishops instead of Bishops and Chancellors instead of Knights. Author: Dominique Leste and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Dominique Leste.
- Arrangement Chess. Swap king & queen before play begins. With mirrored kings and non-mirrored queens (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Bario. Pieces are undefined until they move. Author: Tony Quintanilla and Gary K. Gifford. Inventor: Panos Louridas.
- Brand X Random Chess. Play Chess with a randomized setup. By Fergus Duniho.
- Burmese Chess. Sittuyin preset uses a mix of equivalent pieces from Alfaerie Set. By Charles Daniel.
- Chess 25 (Fischer Placement Chess). Swap king and/or queen before play begins. Follows FRC rules (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess100. Piece positions are modestly randomized according to Arrangement Chess rules, castling is retained (+ zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess256. The pawns are randomized on the 2nd and 3rd rank. By M Winther.
- Chess400. Piece setup is randomized according to Configuration Chess rules, producing 400 modest, mostly non-mirrored, positions (+ zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess484. Before play, certain pieces are regrouped, creating natural positions. Castling is retained (+ zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess64. The piece array is moderately randomized according to Relocation Chess rules, castling is retained. By M Winther.
- Configuration Chess. King and queen swap with other pieces before play begins - enormous variety! (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Contemporary Random Chess. Missing description By Jose Carrillo.
- Corridor Chess. FIDE but subtracting rook pawns and setting pieces up in house in middle. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Tony Paletta.
- The Demon Game. 10 x 10 game with extra Capablanca pieces. Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Larry L. Smith.
- Descent Chess. Kaufmann's drop variant. Begins with only K + P + P. Recommendable! Author: M Winther. Inventor: Andreas Kaufmann.
- Displacement Chess 2. Chess with flexible castling, reverse symmetry and no opening theory. By Charles Daniel.
- DoGod Random. Pawns and pieces dispersed on first and second ranks. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
- Dr. Who Chess. Variant based on the popular TV seiries. By Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
- Elkrider Chess. Elkrider plus regular pieces. The Elkrider moves like a Nightrider if standing on white squares, otherwise it moves like a Rook. By M Winther.
- Fabulous Flying Kittens. Toroidally interwoven board using same number of squares and pieces as FIDE Chess. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Fischer Random Chess. Play Bobby Fischer's randomized Chess variant on Game Courier. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Robert J. Fischer.
- Golden Age Chess on a Really Big Board. Play this 16 x 16 variant with several different pieces. Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Half Courier. Missing description Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Henry VIII Chess Preset. This is the preset for Henry VIII Chess (unique take on Extinction Chess). Author: Rich Hutnik.
- Hindustani Chess. 19th century Indian game. Author: Tony Quintanilla and John Ayer. Inventor: _unknown.
- Hopper-Elk Chess. Pieces can hop over an enemy pawn and land directly behind it. The Elk moves differently depending on square colour. By M Winther.
- King to Bunker Leap. Play this exciting version of Pre-Chess using new king safety rules. By Charles Daniel.
- Kings. Kings on the Game Courier. By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Little Trio. Missing description Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Jared B. McComb.
- Makruk. Play the traditional Chess variant of Thailand on Game Courier. Author: Jose Carrillo.
- Mayhem Chess. Different pieces and setup. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Christina Ziolkowski.
- Meteoric Chess. A sober but lively drop chess variant with standard pieces (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Millennium Chess Preset. This is the preset for Millennium Chess. Author: Rich Hutnik.
- MRC64. Modern Random Chess 64. By Jose Carrillo.
- Multiple of 10 Checkmate. Variant where you can only checkmate or be checkmated on move 10, 20, 30, ect.. By Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
- Neutral King Chess. V.R. Parton's game where two armies share a King both must try to mate. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- New Chess. Drop-chess with pawn relocation. Standard pieces and rules. Ideal for avoiding opening theory. By M Winther.
- Nine-Queen Chess. Queens are placed instead of Pawns. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Eric Beck.
- Ninjutsu (Claustrophobia 2). Win by invading palace or checkmate; new leaping pieces promote to gain more power. By Charles Daniel.
- Ninth Century Indian Chess. Differs from Shatranj in the setup and the Elephant's move. Author: Tony Quintanilla and John Ayer.
- Nonary Chess. King or queen are optionally swapped with a bishop before play begins (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Orphic Chess. Before the King is dropped the pieces can only capture. A very tactical and fast variant. By M Winther.
- OverKnight Chess. Pawns are replaced by Knights, which promote. Author: Tony Quintanilla
- Palace Ninja Guards. A pair of short-range diagonal leapers and four extra squares are added to the standard chessboard and pieces. By Charles Daniel.
- Paloma Chess. Game with Royal Queen, promotable Kings, and an unusual array. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Becca Rabong.
- Peasant Revolt. Modest variant with unequal setup. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: George Whelan.
- Placement Chess. King and queen are swapped before play begins, generating FRC subset (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Placement Random Chess (Chess 20). The piece setup is randomized following Placement Chess rules, generating 20 modest Fischer Random positions. By M Winther.
- Prison Break. Checkmate the enemy king or break out of prison with your king! By Charles Daniel.
- Queen of the Night Chess. An over powered game on the Standard Board. By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Racing Kings. Missing description By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Randomscorpions Chess. The Scorpions are randomly distributed on the 2nd and 3rd rank. Otherwise regular setup. By M Winther.
- Regement Random Chess. Pieces are relocated to create a modest setup that most chessplayers will feel at home in (+ zrf). By M Winther.
- Regiment Chess. Black determines king position, white can swap the queen before play begins (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Relocation Chess. Swap a pair of your own pieces before you begin. With Fischer Random castling rules. By M Winther.
- Royal Magician's Chess. King and special magician piece earn the right to drop pieces when they venture out to the fourth, fifth and sixth ranks! Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Ruddigore Chess. Play this Chessgi variant where you can capture your own pieces, and every other turn you must capture or sacrifice a piece! Author: Tony Quintanilla and Peter Aronson. Inventor: Peter Aronson.
- Sanctuary Chess. Archbishop and Swiss Guard replace Queen and King; no checkmate. Author: Tony Quintanilla
- Schach-B. One selected from among the Fischer Random boards, also known as Fischer Random position # 542. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: M Winther.
- Simpleton's Chess Preset. This is an even simplier version of Simplified Chess. By Rich Hutnik.
- Smaller Alice Chess. Missing description Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Swedish Chess. Drop chess with regular pieces. Pieces dropped can relocate friendly pawns. By M Winther.
- Threatened Pawn Chess. Pawns start in threatened positions. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Sydney Schultz.
- Torus Standard. Uses the ordinary FIDE pieces on 8 x 8 board but configured in such a way as to permit the board to be toroidal! Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Karl Fischer.
- Towers Chess. Play Towers Chess on Game Courier. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Alex Wood.
- Transcendental Chess. Play Chess with a randomized setup on Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Max Lawrence.
- Triumvirate Chess. Uses three Knights. The last remaining opposing Knight must be checkmated as the King. and Tony Quintanilla.
- Trophy-Hunt Chess. Squirrels and Elephants instead of Kings, Queens and Bishops. Author: Tony Quintanilla
- Undecided Chess. Undecided Pawns change into orthodox pieces by moving like them. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.