- Adjutant Chess. Regular chess with extended castling, and extra corner squares. Makes new strategies possible (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Adjutant Chess (with Adjutants). The Adjutant, besides sliding on the diagnals, can slide on the orthogonals by ignoring the other colour (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Arabian Nights Chess. Paul Newton's game on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Paul E. Newton and Timothy R. Newton.
- Balbo's Chess. Board with a strange shape designed to make Bishops stronger in relation to Rooks. Author: Gary K. Gifford. Inventor: M G Balbo.
- Balbo's Chess 2. Balbos Chess 2. Author: wdtr2. Inventor: M G Balbo.
- Barbershop Quartet. Toroidal Variant with Dual Direction Bishops. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Brigadier Chess. Introducing the powerful Brigadier piece on a 68-square Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Building chess. Add a square after every move. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi and Sergey Sirotkin.
- Commodore Chess. Featuring the Commodore piece (also called Leo) on a Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Crazy 38's. Ben Good's Crazy 38's on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Ben Good.
- Culverin Chess. The Culverin is a cannon that can move like a king but must jump to capture (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Delta88 Chess. trigonal chess using an hexagonal-lattice board. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Diamond Chess. Chess on a Diamond board. By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Dimachaer Chess. The Dimachaer is a gladiator bifurcation piece that must collide to move (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Dual Chess. A more Chess-like variant featuring the Marshall and the Cardinal. By Antoine Fourrière.
- Duel Chess. PBM Preset for 43-space variant played on two boards. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Erez Schatz.
- Fusion Diamond 41. A Fusion Chess variant played on a diamond shaped board of 41 squares. By Fergus Duniho.
- Gustav III's Chess. Invented by King Gustav III of Sweden (1746-92). Author: M Winther. Inventor: King Gustav III of Sweden.
- Gustavian Camelrider Chess. Camelriders and regular pieces on a Gustavian (68squares) board. By M Winther.
- Gustavian Cannonrider Chess. Cannonriders and regular pieces on a Gustavian (68 squares) board. Cannonriders move differently depending on square colour. By M Winther.
- Gustavian-Camelrider Chess (with Scorpions). Camelriders and Scorpions on a 68 square Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Gustavian-Cannon Chess. The Swedish Cannon moves like a Korean Cannon, but can move like a rook if it cannot jump (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Hole Chess. Variant on a board of 44 squares with two holes that pieces can be dragged into. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Motorotor. Play this small variant with a rotating board. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Gavin King.
- Oxybeles Chess. The Oxybeles can sling a piece to the farthest square in the movement direction (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Palace Revolution. Play this 44 square variant with Templar Knights and Squire Pawns with Game Courier. Author: Jeff Rients. Inventor: Peter E. Leyva.
- Pool Chess. Queens and Bishops bounce 90 degrees off the board edge. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Francisco Quintanilla.
- Secutor Chess. The Secutor is a bifurcation piece that must collide and deviate in order to capture (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Shatra. Old game from the Altai from Russia, on special shaped board with draughts-like capture. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Spacious Torus Chess. Toroidal 8 x 8 using "spacious" FIDE pieces which require the next square beyond to be empty to either move or capture. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Jianying Ji.
- Templar Chess. Play Templar Chess on Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Turret Chess. The Turret catapult can sling any piece above its head, and let it land on an enemy piece (+ zrf). By M Winther.
- Zeppelin Chess. The Zeppelin flies directly to any empty square orthogonally, captures piece before landing square (+zrf). By M Winther.
Total items listed: 35