- Arrangement Chess. Swap king & queen before play begins. With mirrored kings and non-mirrored queens (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess 25 (Fischer Placement Chess). Swap king and/or queen before play begins. Follows FRC rules (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess100. Piece positions are modestly randomized according to Arrangement Chess rules, castling is retained (+ zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess400. Piece setup is randomized according to Configuration Chess rules, producing 400 modest, mostly non-mirrored, positions (+ zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess484. Before play, certain pieces are regrouped, creating natural positions. Castling is retained (+ zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess64. The piece array is moderately randomized according to Relocation Chess rules, castling is retained. By M Winther.
- Configuration Chess. King and queen swap with other pieces before play begins - enormous variety! (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Multiple of 10 Checkmate. Variant where you can only checkmate or be checkmated on move 10, 20, 30, ect.. By Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
- Nonary Chess. King or queen are optionally swapped with a bishop before play begins (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Peasant Revolt. Modest variant with unequal setup. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: George Whelan.
- Placement Chess. King and queen are swapped before play begins, generating FRC subset (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Placement Random Chess (Chess 20). The piece setup is randomized following Placement Chess rules, generating 20 modest Fischer Random positions. By M Winther.
- Racing Kings. Missing description By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Regement Random Chess. The Secutor is a bifurcation piece that must bounce in order to capture (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Regiment Chess. Black determines king position, white can swap the queen before play begins (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Regiment Random Chess. The Secutor is a bifurcation piece that must bounce in order to capture (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Relocation Chess. Swap a pair of your own pieces before you begin. With Fischer Random castling rules. By M Winther.
- Royal Magician's Chess. King and special magician piece earn the right to drop pieces when they venture out to the fourth, fifth and sixth ranks! Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Smaller Alice Chess. Missing description Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
|21 'Play by mail item' entries listed||1 'Three dimensional' entry listed|
|1 'Large board' entry listed||1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
|1 'Chess combined with some other game or sport' entry listed|
Total items listed: 21