- Arimaa. Board game playable with standard chess set, hard for computers. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Omar Syed and Aamir Syed.
- Chaotic Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Patrik Hedman.
- ChessXp. 10x10 Chess, strictly derived from the 8x8 architecture. By Uli Schwekendiek.
- Chimera Chess. Missing description By Albert Lee.
- Diplomatic Chess. The Diplomat replaces the King. (8x8, Cells: 64) and Derrick Fernandez.
- Doublebarrel Chess. Introducing the Doublebarrel piece, a lethal cannon relative with amazing tactical capabilities (Zillions file downloadable). By M Winther.
- Dragon Chess. Regular chess army against a single, 3x3, unwieldy but powerful piece. By kittytac.
- Maxima. Maxima is an interesting and exiting variant of Ultima, with new elements that make Maxima more clear and dynamic. (Cells: 76) By Roberto Lavieri.
- Mir Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By David Paulowich.
- Multiple of 10 Checkmate. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
- Orda Chess. Asymmetric variant where one army has pieces that move like knights but capture differently. By Daniel Lee.
- Random Pawns. Randomly select your Pawns' movement and capture abilities. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Gavin King.
- Retro Chess. A chess game progresses backwards from an empty board. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Mike Smolowitz.
- Ruddigore Chess. Chessgi variant where you can capture your own pieces, and every other turn you must capture or sacrifice a piece. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Peter Aronson.
|20 'Game' entries listed||1 'Large board' entry listed|
|2 'In a category all its own' entries listed||2 'Each player has a different army' entries listed|
|1 'Sold commercially' entry listed|
Total items listed: 20