Enter Comment or Question
Quick Markdown Guide
By default, new comments may be entered as Markdown, simple markup syntax designed to be readable and not look like markup. Comments stored as Markdown will be converted to HTML by Parsedown before displaying them. This follows the Github Flavored Markdown Spec with support for Markdown Extra. For a good overview of Markdown in general, check out the Markdown Guide. Here is a quick comparison of some commonly used Markdown with the rendered result:
Top level header:
Second paragraph in block quote
First Paragraph of response. Italics, bold, and bold italics.
Second Paragraph after blank line. Here is some HTML code mixed in with the Markdown, and here is the same
<U>HTML code</U> enclosed by backticks.
- Unordered list item
- Second unordered list item
- New unordered list
- Nested list item
- An URL by itself:
- A text link:
Third Level header
- An ordered list item.
- A second ordered list item with the same number.
- A third ordered list item.
Here is some preformatted text. This line begins with some indentation. This begins with even more indentation. And this line has no indentation.
- A definition list
- A list of terms, each with one or more definitions following it.
- An HTML construct using the tags
- A term
- Its definition after a colon.
- A second definition.
- A third definition.
- Another term following a blank line
- The definition of that term.