Item Index Information
Tori Shogi is a Zillions-of-Games file. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Small board, Oriental, From ancient times, ShogiBased. This item is located on a site outside of chessvariants.org.
Tori Shogi. Bird Shogi.
Author: Eduard Werner. Inventor: Ohashi Soei.
Tori Shogi is the smallest of the ancient games of the Shogi family. The game dates from the end of the eighteenth century and is attributed to Ohashi Soei, a famous master of Shogi. Tori Shogi literally means 'Bird Chess' and all of the pieces are named after birds.
The board used for this game has 7 row(s), 7 column(s), 49 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
- Browse items that also start with the letter T.
- Browse items that also start with the letters To.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Tor.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Tori Shogi. A variant of Japanese Chess on a 7 by 7 board. (Link to Roger Hare's shogi site.).
- Tori Shogi pictures. Pictures of a commercial Tori Shogi set. Author: John Lawson. Inventor: Ohashi Soei.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'ToriShogi' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'ToriShogi'