Item Index Information
Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside).
Shatranj of Troy is played on a 9x9 field. Each player starts the game with a TROJAN HORSE which carries a FERZ, WAZIR, ELEPHANT, CAMEL, KNIGHT and ROOK.
- PAWN steps forward orthogonal without capturing or steps forward diagonal with capturing. Promotes on the far three ranks to either FERZ or WAZIR, and must promote on the last rank.
- TROJAN HORSE leaps one orthogonal then one diagonal. May leave one of its six occupants as it moves.
- FERZ steps diagonal.
- WAZIR steps orthogonal.
- ELEPHANT leaps to the second diagonal.
- CAMEL leaps to the second orthogonal.
- KNIGHT leaps one orthogonal then one diagonal.
- ROOK slides orthogonal.
- KING steps one orthogonal or diagonal.
When a TROJAN HORSE is captured, its cargo may then become the property of the captor. The specific cargo of a TROJAN HORSE will be noted by the color of the `T` in its graphic.
- Browse items that also start with the letter S.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Sh.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Sha.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside),. (9x9, Cells: 81) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside). By Gary K. Gifford.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'shatranjoftroy' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'shatranjoftroy'