Item Index Information
Shatranj of Troy is a Zillions-of-Games file. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Large board, In a category all its own. This item is located on a site outside of chessvariants.org.
Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside).
Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
Shatranj of Troy is played on a 9x9 field. Each player starts the game with a TROJAN HORSE which carries a FERZ, WAZIR, ELEPHANT, CAMEL, KNIGHT and ROOK.
- PAWN steps forward orthogonal without capturing or steps forward diagonal with capturing. Promotes on the far three ranks to either FERZ or WAZIR, and must promote on the last rank.
- TROJAN HORSE leaps one orthogonal then one diagonal. May leave one of its six occupants as it moves.
- FERZ steps diagonal.
- WAZIR steps orthogonal.
- ELEPHANT leaps to the second diagonal.
- CAMEL leaps to the second orthogonal.
- KNIGHT leaps one orthogonal then one diagonal.
- ROOK slides orthogonal.
- KING steps one orthogonal or diagonal.
When a TROJAN HORSE is captured, its cargo may then become the property of the captor. The specific cargo of a TROJAN HORSE will be noted by the color of the `T` in its graphic.
The game is won by checkmating the opponent KING. A player left with only the KING loses the game.
The board used for this game has 9 row(s), 9 column(s), 81 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
Invented in the year 2005. [2004-2006]. [2000-2010].
- Browse items that also start with the letter S.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Sh.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Sha.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside),. (9x9, Cells: 81) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside). By Gary K. Gifford.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'shatranjoftroy' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'shatranjoftroy'