Item Index Information
Shatranj Elephants is a Zillions-of-Games file. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, In a category all its own. This item is located on a site outside of chessvariants.org.
Shatranj Elephants. Shatranj-like game, but with all short-range, limited-capturing pieces.
By Christine Bagley-Jones.
Finally the Shatranj Elephants have arrived! All move like a King, but can only partly capture like a King. Mating attacks are rare! Pawn promotion is common! Most games decided after winning all the enemy pieces (except King)! This game is an endgame lovers dream!
New Elephant pieces described as follows;
* DancingElephant: moves like a king, captures all directions forward and sideways.
* DrunkElephant: moves like a king, captures orthogonally.
* RollingElephant: moves like a king, captures all directions forward.
Pawns promote to DancingElephant, Knight or DrunkElephant. Even though DancingElephant is the strongest piece, sometimes you cannot promote to this piece because of it's inability to capture backwards and therefore it can be in danger of capture after promoting! If you can bare the enemy King you win, even if the enemy can do the same to you next move!
The board used for this game has 8 row(s), 8 column(s), 64 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
Invented in the year 2005. [2004-2006]. [2000-2010].
- Browse items that also start with the letter S.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Sh.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Sha.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'ShatranjElephant'