Item Index Information
Great Whale Shogi. Large board based on Whale and Wa Shogi.
Around the same time  as I designed Whale Shogi, I also created a really complicated 11x11 'Great Whale Shogi', inspired by Wa Shogi. Each of the 28 pieces per side is different and has a different promotion; and even the pawns are unique calves that promote to the type of whale found in their file.'-RWS.
- Browse items that also start with the letter G.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Gr.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Gre.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Great Whale Shogi. Great Whale Shogi by R. Wayne Schmittberger. (11x11, Cells: 121) Author: Douglas Silfen. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Whale Shogi. Shogi variant. (6x6, Cells: 36) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Whale Shogi. Small Shogi variant. Author: Douglas Silfen and Karl Scherer. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'WhaleShogi' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'WhaleShogi'