Item Index Information
Geodesic Chess. Played on a spherical grid of hexagons and pentagons.
Geodesic Chess is played on a spherical grid of hexagons and pentagons consisting of 272 spaces.
- KING steps one orthogonal or diagonal. Once the KING has moved out of its Home Territory, it is not allowed to return. Its starting position is the center hex of its Home Territory.
- QUEEN slides orthogonal or diagonal.
- ROOK slides orthogonal.
- OBELISK steps orthogonal or diagonal within its Home Territory. It cannot capture nor be captured. The starting positions of the OBELISKs are the three pentagons which defined the area of the Home Territory.
- TEMPLAR steps up to three diagonal or leaps two orthogonal then one orthogonal.
- SQUIRE steps up to three forward orthogonal without capturing or one forward diagonal with capture. Promotes to QUEEN, ROOK or TEMPLAR when performing a capture or entering the opposing Home Territory.
- PAWN steps up to two forward orthogonal, three forward orthogonal on its first move, without capture or one forward diagonal with capture. Promotes to QUEEN, ROOK or TEMPLAR upon entering the opposing Home Territory.
- Browse items that also start with the letter G.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ge.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Geo.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Geodesic Chess. Variation of hexagonal chess on a geodesic sphere with a few new pieces added. (Cells: 279) By Jack V. Cheiky.
- Geodesic Chess. Variation of hexagonal chess on a geodesic sphere with a few new pieces added. By Jack V. Cheiky.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'geodesic' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'geodesic'