Item Index Information
Barion is a Zillions-of-Games file. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, In a category all its own, Orthodox chess set but with different initial setups. This item is located on a site outside of chessvariants.org.
Barion. A variant of the chess variant Bario.
By M Winther.
Barion is inspired by Bario, which was invented by Panos Louridas, who is also a problem composer. The variant is described in German chess magazine Rochade 3/1998 ('Eine Skala der Intelligenz'). According to Chess Variant pages the name is derived from a Greek word which means 'difficult' or 'heavy' because the intention of the author was to create a quite difficult game. My game Barion is close to the original rules of Bario. It can be regarded as a variant of Bario. Hence the similarity of names.
07 Feb 2006: Link updated. Old link was:
18 Feb 2022: Link updated. Old link was:
The board used for this game has 8 row(s), 8 column(s), 64 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
Invented in the year 2006. [2005-2007]. [2001-2011].
- Browse items that also start with the letter B.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ba.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Bar.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Bario. Pieces are undefined until they move. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Alex . Inventor: Panos Louridas.
- Barion. A variant of the chess variant Bario. By M Winther.
- Bario. Pieces are undefined until they move. Author: Tony Quintanilla and Gary K. Gifford. Inventor: Panos Louridas.
- Bario. Pieces are undefined until they move. Author: M Winther. Inventor: Panos Louridas.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'bario' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'bario'