Item Index Information
American Chess. Large variant. Remove Generals from center columns to win.
By Andy Thomas.
American Chess is played on a 11x9 field between two players, Blue and Red. The field has three distinct zones; The Gauntlet which is the three central files and the Back Lines which are the farthest rank from each player's starting position.
SOLDIER steps orthogonal or diagonal.
ARMOR BRIGADE slides orthogonal.
COLONEL leaps to any second cell.
RECON BATTALION slides diagonal.
MISSILE leaps to any cell except the Back Row.
GENERAL slide orthogonal or diagonal.
ARTILLERY slides orthogonal or diagonal through vacant cells. It may perform a capture by leaping an occupied cell and continue, without stopping, to an enemy-occupied cell.
All pieces, except the GENERAL and MISSILE, promote to GENERAL upon entering a Back Row cell.
The game is won by maintaining at least one GENERAL in The Gauntlet and eliminating all opposing GENERALs from The Gauntlet. If Blue accomplishes this, Red is allowed a move to recover.
- Browse items that also start with the letter A.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Am.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ame.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- American Chess. Large variant. Remove Generals from center columns to win. By Andy Thomas.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'americanchess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'americanchess'