Item Index Information
Verve. A real-time, hidden information, chess variant for playing online!
By David Potter.
Verve is a real time strategy game based on chess. Building on the foundation of chess, Verve introduces two new features characteristic of real time strategy games: hidden information, and of course real time play. Verve's rules governing these new features are simple and abstract, like the rules of chess itself, and they preserve chess tactics and endgame techniques. At the same time, Verve's new features bring fascinating new challenges to the chessboard. By providing plentiful but still incomplete information to the players, Verve introduces the challenges of discovery, deduction and probabilistic reasoning, and of concealment, deception and surprise. And by including in its treatment of real time play a trade-off between initiative and the availability of information, Verve introduces an ongoing challenge to the players' strategic vision.
- Browse items that also start with the letter V.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ve.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ver.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Verve Chess: Attacking with VERVE: Chess for the digital age. An interview with the inventor of Verve Chess. and David Potter. Inventor: David Potter.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'VerveChess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'VerveChess'