Item Index Information
Philosophers' Game: Rithmomachia in Medieval and Renaissance is a shop item. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, In a category all its own. This item is located on a site outside of chessvariants.org.
The Philosophers' Game: Rithmomachia in Medieval and Renaissance. Missing description
Author: Ann E. Moyer.
Full Title: The Philosophers' Game: Rithmomachia in Medieval and Renaissance Europe
A book on the game of Rithmomachia: a chess-like game based on arithmetic and mathematics from the Middle Ages. The book is written by Ann E. Moyer from the Department of History, University of Pennsylvania, USA. The book discusses the game's role in medieval and Renaissance learning (including its close ties to chess), and features a complete edition of an Elizabethan game manual (in English), so that readers can construct a game set and play it.
The board used for this game has 8 row(s), 16 column(s), 128 cells/squares.
- Browse items that also start with the letter P.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ph.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Phi.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Rithmomachia. Information on Rithmomachia. (16x8, Cells: 128) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Rithmomacia . Medieval game based on arithmetic and number theory.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'Rithmomachia' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'Rithmomachia'