Item Index Information
River Chess is a Zillions-of-Games file. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Orthodox chess set but with different winning conditions.
River Chess . Get one of your pieces to the other side of the board.
By Karl Scherer.
Object: Get one of your pieces to the other side of the board.
The king is non-royal and can be captured. Apart from this, standard chess rules apply.
In variant 2 you win if the piece that crossed the river cannot be taken in the next move.
This game was originally posted in Zillions of Games at,
The board used for this game has 8 row(s), 8 column(s), 64 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
Invented in the year 2000. [1999-2001]. [1995-2005].
- Browse items that also start with the letter R.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ri.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Riv.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- River Chess. Win by getting a piece to the opposite side. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Karl Scherer.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'riverchess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'riverchess'