Item Index Information
Gala is a Zillions-of-Games file. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Large board, From ancient times.
Gala . Historical German variant from the Middle Ages.
Author: Michael Asher.
Attached is Zillions file for the game "Gala", I have based the rules as those found on the Chess Variants web site and in the board game book by R.C Bell. As the rules are somewhat ambiguous I have put together some additional variants. 1 - Rooks move diagonally on crossing a deflection zone; but normally move forwards or sideways. 2 - As above but win condition is also; having both Kings in centre of board. 3 - Rooks move forward or sideways outside deflection zone; but diagonally in deflection zone 4 - As above but win condition is also; having both Kings in centre of board. I have enforced a rule of only crossing one deflection line in one move; and when capturing a King the King is removed from the board. The capturing piece does not replace it. Kind Regards Mike Asher
The board used for this game has 10 row(s), 10 column(s), 100 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
- Browse items that also start with the letter G.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ga.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Gal.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Gala. Medieval game of German farmers. (10x10, Cells: 100) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Gala. Historical German variant from the Middle Ages. Author: Tony Quintanilla.
- Gala set photos. Missing description Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'Gala' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'Gala'