Item Index Information
Dervish Chess . Large variant with a great variety of pieces.
By Benoit Dauphin.
What was the main idea? A large chess variant, yet another. With a great variety of pieces, not too strong, nor too weak. If I wanted many different pieces, I needed to keep a high piece density, which would lead to a long game with many pieces to maneuver, or I could stop duplicating the pieces. That's the solution I adopted. It leads to a game where the board is nearly two times bigger than a chessboard, although there aren't so many more pieces. The mobility of the pieces being adjusted to the size of the board, the games shouldn't be much longer than chess.
White's first rank: Mandarin (Ma1), Bishop (Bb1), Pao (Pc1), Tiger (Td1), Wolf (We1), King (Kf1), camel (Cg1), Elephant (Eh1), Vao(Vi1), Dervish (Dj1), Rook (Rk1). Black's first rank: Mandarin (Ma11), Bishop (Bb11), Pao (Pc11), Tiger (Td11), Wolf (We11), King (Kf11), Camel (Cg11), Elephant (Eh11), Vao (Vi11), Dervish (Dj11), Rook (Rk11). On his second rank, each player has eleven Pawns.
- Browse items that also start with the letter D.
- Browse items that also start with the letters De.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Der.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Dervish Chess. Large variant with a great variety of pieces. (11x11, Cells: 121) By Benoit Dauphin.
- Dervish Chess. Large variant with a great variety of pieces. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Benoit Dauphin.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'dervish' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'dervish'