Item Index Information
Tandem Chess is a game information page. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Three or more players.
Tandem Chess. 4 player variant where pieces taken from your opponent are given to your partner. (8x8x2, Cells: 128) (Recognized!)
Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
Tandem Chess, known under a large number of different names, is a widely played multiplayer chess variant. Tandem Chess players know that this game provides a lot of fun. Many regard it as an ideal way to spend some time after a serious match at the chess club - except sometimes those who are still playing such serious matches, as this may also be the noisiest chess variant there is. The game is played all over this world, and is in particular popular by younger players, although there are occasional tournaments organized where good chess players participate. <b>Recognized Variant of the Month for March 2002.</b>
The board used for this game has 8 row(s), 8 column(s), 2 levels/boards, 128 cells/squares.
This game is a 4 player game, with 2 players per team.
Invented in the year 1960. [1959-1961]. [1955-1965].
- Browse items that also start with the letter T.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ta.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Tan.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Bughouse Links. Comprehensive list of Bughouse resources.
- Bughouse.net. Extensive website with information on Bughouse.
- Bughouse Chess. Two boards. Units captured move to opposite board. Popular variant. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- NetBlitz Chess Program. Plays bughouse. Author: Sébastien Lachance and Yannick Létourneau.
- Bughouse Chess. 4 player variant where pieces taken from your opponent are given to your partner. Author: Karl Scherer.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'Bughouse' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'Bughouse'