Item Index Information
Tamerlane chess is a game information page. It is categorized as: Orthodox chess, .
Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
<ul> <li>It garnered considerable attention from Murray, Falkener, and later, Gollon. This has given it great notoriety, regardless of play value. <li>For those of us who became interested in chess variants pre-internet, it was certainly one of the first we were exposed to. <li>The names of some of its pieces have become technical terms for variantists, i.e. Wazir, Dabbabah, and Camel. <li>It was likely for many people the first exposure to a variant logically building on atomic moves (e.g. the groups: Ferz, Fil, Taliah; Wazir, Dabbabah, Rukh; Faras, Jamal, Zarafah). <li>I believe that virtually everyone has meddled with in an attempt to improve it, thus fostering the creativity and adventurousness that characterizes the contributors to the CVP. <li>I therefore propose that Tamerlane Chess be considered for Recognized Variant for its contributions to the history and culture of the variantist community. --John Lawson </ul>
- Browse items that also start with the letter T.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ta.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Tam.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Tamerlane chess: ms 7322 version. Information on historic variant of Tamerlane chess. (11x10, Cells: 112) Author: Ivan Derzhanski.
- Tamerlane Chess. Old Persian large-board game, widely-played in medieval times. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Tamerlane Chess. Chess game said to have been favored, perhaps even invented, by ruler Timur the Lame in the 14th c. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Tamerlane Chess set. Photo of home made set of historic chess variant. Author: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Timur's Chess: Sample Game 1. A sample game of Tamerlane Chess. Author: David Howe.
- Tamerlan Chess . Westernized version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Tamerlane Chess . A well-known historic large variant of Shatranj. Author: David Howe.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'TamerlaneChess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'TamerlaneChess'